New applications and renewals are now being accepted for International Council of Museums (ICOM) membership for 2012.
ICOM is the world’s largest professional museum community, with almost 30,000 members worldwide. Benefits of becoming an ICOM member include:
- the ICOM card, giving you free access to museums and exhibitions worldwide
- connecting to museum professionals in other countries
- access to training, resources and international exchange opportunities
- eligibility to join International Committees, which bring together experts of museum specialties and act as ‘global museum think tanks’
Some of the International Committees of direct relevance to the Histories of Home SSN are:
- DEMHIST – International Committee for Historic House Museums
- ICDAD – International Committee for Decorative Arts and Design
- ICLM – International Committee for Literary Museums
- CECA – International Committee for Education and Cultural Action
Please go to the ICOM UK website (http://uk.icom.museum/membership) to see details about how to join/renew and the 2012 membership rates. Please download a renewal form, complete it and either send it by post with a cheque to the address given or by email as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also note that the two ICOM UK Bursary Funds (the ICOM UK Travel Bursary Fund and the Camilla Boodle Fund) are both open for new applications to support members wishing to engage in ICOM activity in 2012. You can read about the Bursary Funds and download the Application Form and Eligibility Criteria from http://uk.icom.museum/bursaries .